Windows 10 and 5k iMac.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by maflynn, Mar 8, 2016.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've finally re-created my bootcamp partition (it was removed by accident).

Anyways now that its back, some of the initial short comings that I had forgotten about are shining through. The biggest issue I'm having is scaling, which is a glaring issue with the 5k iMac. I'm finding some apps showing up too small. I have the native resolution (5120 x 2880) and the zoom factor set to 250. This makes most things fairly adequate. I also made the cursor black and chose the largest size windows allows me too in the accessibility control panel.

Any other suggestions to make windows a bit easier to use with this large monitor?

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

All you can really do is use scaling, like you're doing. Many programs support scaling, but some do not.

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, that's what I'm finding.

Overall, I'm happy with how I have Windows configured on my iMac. I was mostly running OS X only since November when I got my iMac so I was missing Windows. I had Bootcamp on the computer but I never invested any time to get it configured. Now that I spent some time redoing things I'm happy.

There are just some things that windows does better and its nice to boot into Windows :)