Windows 10 Battery Life on Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sw6lee, Mar 7, 2016.

1. sw6lee macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to decide if I should bootcamp Windows 10 on my 2013 MBA 11" version. The only deciding factor is the battery life. When I had Windows 8.1, the battery life was significantly shortened from OS X, from 10 hours to about 5-6 hours. However, some users reported their 13" version had a very long battery life on Windows 8. So I'm led to believe that it depends on the version of Windows, types of MacBooks, and also personal usage.

I am still curious to know if anyone installed Windows 10 on Macbook Air, or even other MacBooks that have a similar battery life range (~9-10 hours), how the battery is impacted. If it's ~80% from the OS X battery life, I would be willing to go for it, but if it's impacted even worse than that, then I think I will just buy a Windows ultrabook. My MBA is 3 years old, and I am considering upgrading anyway, but not 100% decided.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I didn't use Windows 10 on my just 1-year-old Macbook Air. But the battery life on my Dell PC is not very good. I can just use Windows 10 on it without playing games for about 4 hours. So I assume the battery life on your Macbook Air will be not that good.