Windows 10 Bootcamp installation problems on 2012 Mid (non-Retina)MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by amadaras, Oct 7, 2017.

1. amadaras macrumors newbie

amadaras

Hi,
    I'm having problems with installing Windows 10 on my Macbook. I'm trying to do it from USB flashdrive. The laptop has a 500GB HDD and a 250GB SSD instead of Superdrive. There's OS10.13 on it, and that's the drive I'm trying to place the Windows installation on.
    So I make a Bootcamp partition, make the installflash, reboot. There're three boot options: Macintosh HD, Windows, and EFI boot. When I try to boot 'Windows' up, only white screen appears, until I force-reboot the computer. Now, I try 'EFI boot'. Windows installer loads, I chose language, accept EULA, and I have to chose a partition to install. There's our nice, Bootcamp-created partition, I format it. We're all fine till this. Now the installer says something like 'on EFI systems Windows can only be installed on GPT disks'. No problem -I said- back to MacOS, with gdisk I change hybrid MBR back to GPT. Now I go back to the installer, and look, this problem is resolved. But there's another, and I can't get trough this: 'We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one'. I've tried to install windows on the HDD as well, but I got the same result. I don't know what else I could do. So, thanks for any help.
    Regards,
    amadaras

2. jwolf6589 macrumors 65816

jwolf6589

You have the same model MacBook as me but I have the super drive as I need it with plenty of DVD's. I am also thinking about installing Windows 10.

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

4. jwolf6589 macrumors 65816

jwolf6589

Thats good because I have not removed mine. I need it and am glad it shipped with one. Its a shame Apple does not sell computers that ship with DVD drives anymore.