Windows 10 Calculator equivalent on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyeangle, Jun 8, 2019.

1. eyeangle macrumors regular

eyeangle

I've just used the Windows 10 Calculator and realised how good it is compared to what we get on Mac. Is there something equivalent on Mac with all these options. It's even got Gibibytes conversions.
    wincal.jpg

2. Stephen.R macrumors 65816

Stephen.R

The built in calculator app has quite a lot of conversions (not byte sizes though) under the Convert menu.

3. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

there is also spotlight for quick conversions - just type a quantity in the search window and units after the amount

4. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

I just use Spotlight or Siri for nearly all conversions, but I suspect there are some great conversion apps out there, including Apple's own Calculate app (the conversion menu).

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Unless I’m missing something built in calculator already does this. It’s under the convert menu.

6. eyeangle thread starter macrumors regular

eyeangle

Hi, yes I only realised that after Stephen.R mentioned it. I had never looked at the menu bar and seen the Convert tab. Been using the Dashboard converter for years to do my conversions.

Mac's Calculator app or the Dashboard app don't do data conversion though which I use a lot. So I'm wondering, is it possible to get a data conversion plugin for the Calculator app?

Been using this website instead for years:
    http://www.unitconversion.org/unit_converter/data-storage-ex.html