Windows 10 clean install on 2015 15" rMBP fails

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by KOTULCN, Aug 1, 2015.

1. KOTULCN macrumors 6502

I had Windows 8.1 Pro running just fine on a bootcamp partition on my 2015 15" rMBP w/dGPU. I followed the tutorial on upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. That went fine except the screen resolution was tiny but I figured it was something I could fix later because I wanted to do a clean install. I went through the steps to create a usb flash drive installer.

I deleted the bootcamp partition in Yosemite and proceeded with creating a new bootcamp partition, downloaded the Apple drivers, etc.. This is where I'm failing. I rebooted and pointed to start from the Windows 10 installer flash drive but nothing happens then the computer reboots into OS X.

What should I do now?

2. spinstorm macrumors 65816

So to clarify:
    • You made a bootcamp installer
    • And it won't install Windows 10?
    I would hold down alt with the installer inserted into the USB and then select that USB drive manually and that carry on with the install.

Alt is how you manually select the boot drive

3. KOTULCN thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I meant when I said I rebooted and pointed to the installer flash drive. I've read somewhere that you have to disable the FaceTime camera driver but that doesn't seem to work for me either.

4. KOTULCN thread starter macrumors 6502

It appears the USB installer I created isn't compressed. The process named it "ESD USB" but when I browse the files there isn't any with an .esd extension.

Any help would be appreciated.