Windows 10 EFI Boot install doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Matheeus, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Matheeus macrumors newbie

Matheeus

Hi,
    I have an iMac 21,5" late 2009 where i'm trying to install Windows 10 on it.

But, when I restart my Mac with the CD inserted in my usb cd reader and I press ALT, it shows to me a CD icon with "EFI Boot" name, i select this and the iMac seems to freeze for some minutes when improvvisely restarts and Nothing happens (it restarts in Mac OS X).

Why this happens? How can I install Windows 10 in EFI mode on my Mac?

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I believe that the machine is too old to support EFI booting. You will have to install with Bootcamp.

3. Matheeus thread starter macrumors newbie

Matheeus

I've resolved by installing Windows 8.1 first via EFI Boot and after I upgraded to Windows 10.
    Probably my W10 disk have some problem to boot, anyway it worked to upgrade Windows 8.1.

All effectively works (also Audio and Wifi, without installing Bootcamp drivers) but I have a problem with Windows Update that forces a Nvidia GPU driver's update that everytime it installs and creates problems because doesn't allow to startup W10 anymore (like it installs wrong driver/conflict).

To resolve this I need everytime to unistall them via Safe Mode, but I can't do this everytime I reboot my computer... :|

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Ah this explains what happened to my install .. everything was fine. I am doing it just to play Fallout 4. I updated the GPU drivers and now it boots, loads the desktop and reboots. I can't force safe mode.

5. MacFall macrumors newbie

December 7th . . . . . . . . 2015 . . . . . . a day that will live in INFAMY!

Your head is hurting as you leave Vault 111 . . . the air is thick; the view is strange and surreal . . .

your playing FALLOUT 4 . . . . on your iMac !!!!

You are READY . . . . . . you have conquered the SIP's and diskutil's . . . . the reboots and error messages . . . the WinDoze quirks and setbacks . . . .

. . . . . . .yet you are confident and assured as you travel this New World . . . . . .

with your intuitive, trusty Mac by your side . . . . . Let's Go Boy !!!!!!!

iMac 27" (Late 2013), EXTERNAL LaCie 256Gb SSD drive, Windows 10 Home, made by Boot Camp, yet NO Internal HDD Boot Camp partition, to mess with my 3Tb Fusion drive!! WinClone is the key . . . . it's ALWAYS, the CORRECT SEQUENCE . . . . . . . . . .