Windows 10. El Capitan boot camp and the new Apple Wireless Magic keyboard and mouse?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jaybar, Oct 26, 2015.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

I am currently using the newly released Apple magic keyboard and Magic Mouse 2. I have a late 2013 iMac. I am wanting to install Windows 10 using El Capitan bout camp. Should I anticipate problems with these newly released devices and Windows 10?

Thanks

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Maybe. The only prerequisite listed for both is that you need to be using El Capitan. I would make sure I had a USB keyboard and mouse on hand, just in case. ;)

3. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

They will probably work the same as last generation and there is no force touch in Windows obviously.

4. SBruv macrumors 6502

My Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 are constantly losing their Bluetooth connection in Windows 10. I have to plug them in to get them working again. :(

5. antipodean macrumors member

Just to add another data point, I've not experienced problems with magic keyboard or magic trackpad2 on win 10 on my late 2013 iMac. I have El Cap and boot camp 6. The trackpad is pretty limited in Windows, so I tend to use my 1st gen Magic Mouse or a Logitech mouse when gaming in Windows.