Windows 10. El Capitan boot camp and the new Apple Wireless Magic keyboard and mouse?

jaybar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I am currently using the newly released Apple magic keyboard and Magic Mouse 2. I have a late 2013 iMac. I am wanting to install Windows 10 using El Capitan bout camp. Should I anticipate problems with these newly released devices and Windows 10?

Thanks

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Hi

I am currently using the newly released Apple magic keyboard and Magic Mouse 2. I have a late 2013 iMac. I am wanting to install Windows 10 using El Capitan bout camp. Should I anticipate problems with these newly released devices and Windows 10?

Thanks
Maybe. The only prerequisite listed for both is that you need to be using El Capitan. I would make sure I had a USB keyboard and mouse on hand, just in case. ;)

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Hi

Thanks
They will probably work the same as last generation and there is no force touch in Windows obviously.

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008
Hi

Thanks
My Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 are constantly losing their Bluetooth connection in Windows 10. I have to plug them in to get them working again. :(

antipodean

macrumors member
May 2, 2014
My Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 are constantly losing their Bluetooth connection in Windows 10. I have to plug them in to get them working again. :(
Just to add another data point, I've not experienced problems with magic keyboard or magic trackpad2 on win 10 on my late 2013 iMac. I have El Cap and boot camp 6. The trackpad is pretty limited in Windows, so I tend to use my 1st gen Magic Mouse or a Logitech mouse when gaming in Windows.