Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stix666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
I managed to install Windows 10 using Bootcamp onto a single HDD in one of the SATAII bays.

I'd like to clone it (or do a fresh windows 10 install) onto one of the two SSDs in the PCIE slot that contains the Apricorn velocity duo card. That card currently has a high Sierra Mac OSX installation in RAID0 that has been backed up. I'd like to reinstall the high Sierra Mac OSX system to the second SSD once I've successfully completed the windows 10 installation.

Any pointers on how to do this? I do have windows 10 installs on dvd (that was used to do the original windows installation) and USB stick.

Thanks for any help

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
As I recall ...

I mounted my SSD on a sled and did a normal BootCamp install with all the updates. I then booted Windows from the sled while the Velocity Duo X2 card was installed so that any required drivers would be installed in Windows. I then simply moved the SSD from the sled to the Velocity Duo card and booted it from there.

For cloning a working system, I use WinClone, and then continue using WinClone to keep a backup for easy restore. Again, you will want to have your Windows to have the Velocity Duo drivers before cloning it.

Good luck ...

Last edited:
Reactions: h9826790

stix666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Thanks.

I managed to find a windows driver for the card but am pretty dense when it comes to windows 10. How do I install it?

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Thanks.

I managed to find a windows driver for the card but am pretty dense when it comes to windows 10. How do I install it?
It should just automatically install when Windows boots and sees the card ... I didn't need to provide a downloaded driver myself, it was already in Windows.

stix666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
I had a hell of a time getting windows installed on the SSD. In the end, I removed all drives except with SSD in SATA bay 1, and a windows 10 dvd (bootcamp came up with GPT error; winclone did not work). But it got installed this way.

So it's installed and running. I removed the existing SSD drives from the Apricorn card so it was empty. Rebooted in Windows. But if I then put the SSD onto the Apricorn card, I get a no boot disk error on booting up. I wonder if there's a way of checking if the windows driver is correctly installed, and if not, doing it manually?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.