Windows 10 Installer question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by crjackson2134, May 4, 2018.

1. crjackson2134 macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

A few years ago I purchased Windows 8.x from a university’s e-store (on the hub) and installed it on a spare drive. A while later, it upgraded to Win 10 for free.

I still have all the original files. Is there anyway to make a Win 10 USB or DVD Installer so I can do a clean install down the road?

2. Banglazed, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018

Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Download Tool above and create an installation media for Win10 64-bit.

After upgraded to Win10 for free, the comp should have a digital licence which you can reinstall on the comp in the future as long as it is on the same computer and same Windows edition.

Before you re-install a fresh copy, make sure to grab your older Office key beforehand and Office 365 is tied to MS account and some updated drivers from motherboard website etc.

Also, you can use ProduKey below to grab your Windows 10 product key just to be on the safer side!
    https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html#DownloadLinks

3. crjackson2134 thread starter macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

Where do I find the digital license key or product key? I have the key for the Win 8.x for original purchase but I don’t know where to find the key for Win 10.

Okay, so I see the tool for the product key extractor. Is that the same key needed for the install?

If so, then thanks a bunch. I’ll work on this over the weekend.

4. Banglazed, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018

Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

5. crjackson2134 thread starter macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

Actually I did see it, but missed it first time I read it, and also thought it was for the product code as opposed to the install key.

I’m on my iPad and sometimes these old eyes don’t see the fadedout text of a link.

Sorry about that, and much thanks for the quick help. I truly appreciate it.