Windows 10 not installing on 2015 15" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Yuddy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Yuddy macrumors newbie

I have had Windows 8.1 installed for around a month now on bootcamp on my machine, it installed fine and I have never had any problems with windows at all, until I chose to upgrade to Windows 10. I downloaded windows 10 x64 from the official Microsoft website and installed it that way, it downloaded, did all of it's bits until it got to the "copying files" stage. It gets to around 30% then i get blue screen of death telling me that I have an error called DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL (AppleCamera.sys) I have had this happen 3 times now. I also acquired a copy of Windows 10 Pro from "Other sources" to see if it would work that way, it did not. When the blue screen of death is gone, it reboots back into Windows 8.1 after it is finished returning to an older copy of Windows. It then gives me this error on start up saying "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation. Bare in mind, I have only chose to upgrade and keep all my files, should I try a clean install or just wait? I'm thinking it could be the drivers not being ready yet, as this is a brand new machine. I would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

2. Saudumm macrumors newbie

Saudumm

Uninstall the Apple Camera driver or install this update before you attempt to upgrade: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1831?locale=en_US

Afterwards, reinstall your Apple Bootcamp drivers (otherwise some won't work correctly after the upgrade)