Windows 10 on 2016 15" macbook pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by digitallegend, Apr 21, 2017.

1. digitallegend macrumors member

digitallegend

I am planning on picking up a refurbished 15 inch, i will need to run windows 10 (dual boot, no virtual machines). What problems can i except with the giant trackpad? I have read the dGpu (455 in my case) is always on so that kills battery life? What can i except in terms of battery life? Any other issues?

2. leman macrumors 604

Well, the windows experience is not very good. Trackpad works ok, but certainly not as smooth as under OS X. There can be connectivity issues with bluetooth devices — Logitech for example has told me that they don't support running bluetooth mice on Windows when running in Apple hardware.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been running windows on my Macs for years and with the exception of a minor annoyance here or there, it does work. Mostly if you run into issues you need to root out a better driver to correct the problem but overall I've not had too many problems. Sometimes you need to wait for Apple to update its boot camp drivers, but overall its a good experience. I'm rocking on my iMac with a second monitor (Apple Cinema Display) with Windows 10 creators update and its been rock solid