Windows 10 on MBP 2015 anyone?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mais78, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Mais78 macrumors regular

I cannot get bootcamp to install it. I get stuck after creating the bootable flash drive, right when it creates the bootcamp partition the laptop reboots and nothing happens.

2. close2reality macrumors 6502

unless you know something i don't. 10 isn't released yet.

3. Mais78, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

Mais78 thread starter macrumors regular

Hellooo ;-) you can dowload the beta. Many people have been running it for a while.

4. flur macrumors 68000

I'm running it via Parallels. I'd imagine there might be driver issues in Bootcamp.

5. blueshogun96 macrumors regular

blueshogun96

Bootcamp never worked for me, so I don't bother with it.

I installed it the old fashioned way. If you get stuck with the "Select cd-rom blah blah" message, then you need to do this before it will work. Running it now, no major issues.

Shogun

6. Mais78 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, never worked for me either. Like I said in the other thread, I rebooted into the windows installer manually (Alt key at start up) after creating the partition. Also had to install drivers manually from USB key.

What I still need to understand is how to invert scrolling direction in windows (using trackpad is inverse of OS X).

7. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Try creating boot disk with windows 8.1 and install with bootcamp and then upgrade.

That is what most people running Windows 10 have done.

Bootcamp has worked for me without any issues

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Windows 10 has been publicly released as a technical preview, if you want to read up more about it then please read up on the Windows Insider Site

9. blueshogun96 macrumors regular

blueshogun96

I'm using a 2006 MacPro 1,1, is that why bootcamp doesn't work for me? The option to create a bootable USB drive never shows up.

Shogun.