Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by J232022, Nov 6, 2014.

1. J232022 macrumors member

What do you guys think of Windows 10 ? I installed it in a virtual machine and it looks pretty good . I like being able to run modern apps in a window on the desktop and not having to go full screen to use a modern app . I really liked Windows 8.1 too I think it was a good os it fixed a lot of the windows 8 problems .

2. InfoTime macrumors 6502

The more I run into Windows 8 interface gripes (even when running the best Start Menu replacement www.startisback.com ) the more I really appreciate how well put together Windows 7 is. I installed Windows 10 in a VM too. The Start Menu was obviously better than Windows 8.1 but I still long for Windows 7.

3. TPadden macrumors 6502a

The more I run into Windows 8 interface gripes the more I realize they are no different from OSX user update gripes. :D

For me Windows 8, 8.1 and now 10 are all improvements over every other previous Windows OS that I've used. Most gripes are simply gripes about change, other than Millennium (ME) and Vista which really had problems :cool:.

I really like 8.1 and 10 ........

4. J232022 thread starter macrumors member

I really like Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 too , they are solid products . Mac and Windows are way less different now and I actually prefer the Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 look to mac yosemite . Mac mavericks looked way better than yosemite . Anyways Windows vista was actually a good operating system if you had the right machine for it . They fixed a lot of the Windows vista problems . Windows ME was not good though .