Windows 7 64bit hanging during sleep and shut down

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MacFanJeff, Dec 13, 2009.

1. MacFanJeff macrumors regular

Recently, I have been having some problems with Windows 7 64bit hanging up during sleep mode and at shut down. It does not happen every time and there is no way of knowing when it will. All it does is lock totally, BLACK screen, no error messages, no keyboard so the traditional ctrl>alt>delete does not work, no mouse.

I have searched and really can't find a solution to this problem. My bootcamp drivers are from my Leopard OS disc NOT Snow Leopard. The reason is for some reason I was seeing a couple of error messages and had some driver issues using the Snow Leopard drivers so I had to go back to bootcamp Leopard drivers. I have sound and everything works fine, except for the random lockups that happen.

Does anyone know of anything that can help at this time? Also, is Apple still planning on releasing "official" bootcamp drivers for Windows 7 this year?

Thanks for any info,

Jeff

2. Nano2k macrumors regular

If it didnt happen from the start, I guess it would be more a problem with something that you installed in Windows.

I used some drivers I found on the newsgroups which are dated 22.07.2009.