Windows 7 9400m drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macman452, Jul 23, 2009.

1. macman452 macrumors newbie

All right, I recently purchased a 13 inch macbook pro and dual-booted windows 7 on boot camp. However, after inserting the halo 2 disk (my main reason for using windows) I get the messages:

Video memory: 0 Megabytes (128 or higher required)
    Supported pixel shader version: 0 (2 or higher required)
    Supported vertex shader version: 0 (2 or higher required)

The graphics driver on this computer is out of date. You should update the graphics driver on this computer before running Halo 2 for Windows Vista. You may experience problems running Halo 2 for Windows Vista if you choose to continue without updating.

Your computer's graphics driver version information:

Driver name: vga.dll
    Driver version: 6.1.7100.0

When I go to nvidias website, I get a message saying:
    The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site.

Anybody know where I can get the driver?
    Thanks guys.

2. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Sorry I can't be of any help. But I have halo and halo 2 and I was thinking of installing Win 7 in boot camp to play them. I hope I dont run into any problems

3. ShiryuX macrumors member

ShiryuX

Hey, there is a specific Win7 Driver for the Nvidia 9400(M). There was a thread here TODAY even but I can't find it at the moment. It was also somoene who experienced the same problems and someone provided the Win7 Driver link from the official Nvidia site. Try looking there or searching on the forum, quick posting but haven't got time to search sorry ;).

4. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

32 or 64-bit?

Come here to download.

Product series: 9M series.
    Choose the Vista version (32 or 64bit) depending what bit you using for win 7.

The rest should be no brainer.