Windows 7 aero doesn't seem to be available on this new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rotpferd97, Mar 19, 2010.

1. rotpferd97 macrumors newbie

I'm new to this forum, and first of all I'd like to say thanks to anyone who can help me out.

I just now installed windows 7 using boot camp on a new baseline 15" macbook pro (4mb ram). I installed the drivers using the OS disc and then downloaded the 3.1 boot camp update so I know I'm all updated -- however, none of the aero effects seem to be working. Including the window previews from the taskbar, the "show desktop" on the bottom right corner, and the exit/minimize animations for the windows.

I was told that the aero doesn't work before the OS is activated, which I didn't do until a few hours after I got it up and running, but even if that was the case it should have started working after I got it activated.

Any ideas?

2. rotpferd97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I feel dumb.. about 10 seconds after I posted this I went and looked harder in the display settings under the control panel and realized I just had to pick one of the default aero themes and it switched over.

Aero seems to work better on this computer than it did on my last PC.