windows 7 and 4.0 beta 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borncountry, May 5, 2010.

1. borncountry macrumors member

if my iphone is registered can i upgrade to 4.0 beta 3 with windows 7 or do i still need a mac?

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I haven't tried yet, but yes you can. Are you a developer?

3. soundwarp macrumors regular

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well given that the beta is for developers and you need to be using xcode as a developer and given that this only runs on OSX. I'd say the odds are pretty slim that apple will provide a beta that could be loaded on via windows :rolleyes:

5. danielsmu macrumors regular

Expecting a beta that can be loaded via Windows is not unreasonable. To my knowledge, every beta OS version released for the 3.0 update could be loaded in a Windows environment without any issues. All "get a mac" knee-jerk comments aside, this is a change from how apple handled beta versions of the OS in the past and therefore is a reasonable expectation.

*Full disclosure - I am a registered developer but use a Windows 7 machine as my primary iTunes library and am very interested in the release of a beta OS 4.0 version that I can install via my primary machine (and more importantly sync and backup via my primary machine as well). Also, I realize I'm using a beta OS that still has issues and such so there's no need to tell me that...again.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

in the release notes apple do give instructions to take when using a windows PC but I cannot say due to the NDA (is it?) I think