Windows 7 and Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cutlassvillager, Jan 20, 2010.

1. cutlassvillager macrumors member

I am running Windows 7 Professional on my MacBook Pro. Using an external Acer blu-ray drive and the included PowerDVD 8, I can only get the audio to play. I can see the blu-ray menu, but other than that everything is black. I downloaded the latest ATi drivers but that didn't change anything. I am installing my old version of Windows Vista to see if that will help. Does anybody have any experience using Windows 7 and blu-ray on their MacBook or MacBook Pro? I know that my ATi x1600 is not fully supported in Windows 7, so I am hoping Vista may fix it.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Why bother with Windows? Just install Make MKV and play your Blu-ray discs under OS X using VLC. It takes a minute or so to go through the motions, but after that you've go 1080p and Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 audio.

3. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

This is a much better suggestion! OP, installing Vista wouldn't help you. 7 would probably have better support for Blu-ray if anything.