Windows 7 and Bluetooth mouse Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by comda, Mar 2, 2015.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings Macrumors!

Recently i installed windows 7 Home Premium 64x on my White macbook (3,1) from late 2007. I used to have bootcamp on this machine since 2010 when i had XP then in 2012 i had 7 and had the same issue.

I have a Microsoft mouse 5000 which connects to my Macbook VIA bluetooth and works great! I love it. Its a nice 3 button mouse plus the scroll wheel. But my issue is the following:

In windows when i select bluetooth to pair it, windows pairs the device but it doesnt work. Windows detects it and pairs but nothing more. I then see the mouse show up correct model number and everything but it has a little black circle around it. And then after a few the mouse disappears from the bluetooth page.

The mouse works i know that because i boot back into OSX and its fine.
    I read somewhere that the issue exists with windows update replacing the drive that bootcamp put in. But how do i check/ confirm that?

2. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Upon looking closer i found that windows wouldnt let me install the bluetooth driver given by Apple it instead installed a Generic one which isnt working... how can i stop windows from doing this?