Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laksemand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Hi all you gurus,

I've succesfully installed Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro mid-2009 with OS X 10.5.8 via Bootcamp 2.0. However, I have a problem:

When I insert my OS X Leopard install DVD into Windows 7 to install the Bootcamp drivers, the setup.exe only displays two options and both are apperantly related to the Macbook Air: One of the options is to install OS X from an external source related to the Macbook Air and the other options is sharing of CD/DVD-drive for the Macbook Air.

I can't seem to locate the Bootcamp drivers. I've tried both my OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard installation DVD's but with the same result.

I've been thinking that the drivers could be located in a folder on the OS X installation DVD, but since I can't right-click in Windows the folder is hard to reach.

Have any of you guys experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

lumberjack

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2009
Should be on the OS X installation CD.
Anyway, click on the CD drive once and hit shift+F10

If the F keys don't work either do a simple search for 'drivers'.

laksemand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I found the correct setup.exe in the Boot Camp-folder. Thanks a bunch.

Should I install Bootcamp 2.1-drivers from my OS X Leopard installation DVD or Bootcamp 3.0 from Snow Leopard? I have Leopard installed on the Mac OS-partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.