Windows 7 and Mid '08 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chad H, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Hey guys,
    I finally got my refurbished MacBook Pro in the other day. I got the 2.6Ghz model, 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM HD, and 8600m GT graphics with 512MB. Well, my question is that I installed Windows 7 64bit and installed all the bootcmap drivers off of the OSX dvd and did a perfomance test. Well, my "gaming graphics" only rated a 4.9. Do you guys think this is normal? Do I need new drivers?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't believe the Leopard Disk has the latest drivers to support Windows 7, so you may have to do some digging to find them. There are several threads addressing this already, so you might want to give MRoogle a try and you will find a lot of info about the Windows 7 install on Boot Camp.

Good luck!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Ive been googling for awhile now. I can't seem to find the direct driver to download if thats the case.

4. tastychicken macrumors member

you can't really take those windows experience scores too seriously. But, if you want to update your video drivers go to nvidia and download the latest forceware drivers for windows 7.

I'm using windows 7 on my unibody as well and my gaming graphics is at 5.3

5. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Which model unibody do you have? With mine being just before the unibody's were released I would think I wouldn't need "laptopvideo2go". It would seem the bootcamp driver would be correct. Any idea's? The OSX install cd that is with my MBP is 10.5.4. Also, I can only get about 35fps with left 4 dead. That's with everything on about medium. Something just seems odd.

6. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

When running Parallels and Windows 7 my Taskbar disappeared on my 17" MBP...so I went back to XP right now.

I think I actually prefer XP to Windows 7. But I would much rather work in OS X any day. :D

7. jjprusk macrumors member

Windows 7 and Mid '08 MacBook Pro

Kinda like having a Ferrari and dropping in a Pinto engine (and one that works about 75% of the time at that...).

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Just go to the nVidia site and download it but on the Windows Experience Rating, the 9600M GT is the weak point scoring 5.3 w/ 256MB VRAM and I can't see the 512MB doing much better. The rating will take the lowest score (video card) which doesn't seem to matter much because Windows 7 flies with/without aero.