Windows 7 and Office 2007 on 13.3 MBP

danahn17

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Hi! Long time lurker posting here for the first time... i did a search but couldn't find anything so please be kind if it's already been asked :p

Anyways, i recently bought a 13.3" MacBook Pro in its most basic configuration (2GB RAM, 2.26 Ghz processor). I was wondering if it would be possible to adequately run Windows 7 and Office 07 Ultimate through Parallels with my 2GB configuration. I won't be doing anything crazy like running Office and Photoshop at the same time, but I don't want Office 7 to run so slow that it is unusable.

So, do you guys think I can run it adequately with 2GB RAM? I do plan on upgrading my RAM to at least 4GB in the future (which i know will help a lot) but that probably won't happen right away. Thanks in advance!

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Hi! Long time lurker posting here for the first time... i did a search but couldn't find anything so please be kind if it's already been asked :p

Anyways, i recently bought a 13.3" MacBook Pro in its most basic configuration (1GB RAM, 2.26 Ghz processor). I was wondering if it would be possible to adequately run Windows 7 and Office 07 Ultimate through Parallels with my 1GB configuration. I won't be doing anything crazy like running Office and Photoshop at the same time, but I don't want Office 7 to run so slow that it is unusable.

So, do you guys think I can run it adequately with 1GB RAM? I do plan on upgrading my RAM to at least 2GB in the future (which i know will help a lot) but that probably won't happen right away. Thanks in advance!
Windows 7.. at least 2GB minimum and that's pretty much pushing it. I'd upgrade to 4GB if all out possible.