Windows 7 and Office 2007 on 13.3 MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by danahn17, Dec 4, 2009.

1. danahn17 macrumors 6502

Hi! Long time lurker posting here for the first time... i did a search but couldn't find anything so please be kind if it's already been asked :p

Anyways, i recently bought a 13.3" MacBook Pro in its most basic configuration (2GB RAM, 2.26 Ghz processor). I was wondering if it would be possible to adequately run Windows 7 and Office 07 Ultimate through Parallels with my 2GB configuration. I won't be doing anything crazy like running Office and Photoshop at the same time, but I don't want Office 7 to run so slow that it is unusable.

So, do you guys think I can run it adequately with 2GB RAM? I do plan on upgrading my RAM to at least 4GB in the future (which i know will help a lot) but that probably won't happen right away. Thanks in advance!

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Windows 7.. at least 2GB minimum and that's pretty much pushing it. I'd upgrade to 4GB if all out possible.

3. danahn17 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm okay. looks like 4GB it will be. :) Any recs on running it at 32 or 64 bits?

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

If it's just VMWare Fusion only, then 32-bit. If it's going to be Boot Camp, 64-bit.