Windows 7 Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bennettmac, Feb 8, 2010.

1. bennettmac macrumors newbie

I have read on various other threads elsewhere that this has been an issue for some time but just wondered what sort of battery life people seem to be getting with Windows 7? I'm still on Boot Camp 3.0.0 so not sure if when I move to 3.1 this will make a difference but currently I'm lucky to get a couple of hours?

Thanks

2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if it depends on the machine or the version of Boot Camp you have installed (or both). The Windows battery life on my first Intel Mac laptop was absolutely atrocious (about 45 minutes). The next machine was better, and the one I'm using now gets about 4 hours (a unibody MBP).

3. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Running Win 7 on MBA with BC 3.0 drivers, and I'm only noticing about 30 mins difference between OS X and Win 7 battery times?

I must admit I don't use Win 7 on batter very often (it's a gaming partition for me after all...)

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I get 4.5 hours on Windows 7 w/ Power Setting Mode and 1/4 brightness... actually better then OS X amazingly.

Under gaming, I only get 2 hours with high performance.

In OSX, I get average 4 hours with 1/4 brightness, 5 hours with minimal brightness. Up to 7 hours if all I have is music playing and no screen on.

5. EdWilliams macrumors newbie

I don't think my battery life decreased after installing windows 7. maybe you have a lot of programs running in the background?

6. bennettmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Have been doing a bit more testing and found that I get about 3.5 hours with VERY light use so not as bad as a I thought...(originally 2 hours)

First time I have used Windows on the Mac so just wondered what other people tend to get.

Also wondered if this would be significantly improved by upgrading to the new 13" Macbook Pro as they have made a lot of fuss over the improved battery life.

Might just live with it for now though as only bought the 13" aluminium Macbook in '08. Not sure what I would get for it to justify the £1,100 pricetag of the new 13" Macbook pro!