Windows 7- Black Screen after splash fix??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ASam, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ASam macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I've recently encountered an issue with my macbook pro (2010). I attempt to start up windows and it gets past the point where the windows logo comes up and then my screen goes black. The keyboard still responds (caps lock light is able to go on and off) however, I am unable to log in due to the fact that I can't see my screen / it doesn't go to the log on screen. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

2. brandone macrumors member

Before the windows splash screen appears, hit the F8 key until the windows boot menu appears. Then select boot in safe mode with networking. If you are able to get into windows after booting into safe mode, it is a driver issue.

Once you are booted in safe mode, right click My Computer and goto properties. From there click Device Manager. Locate Display Adapters and open up the tree. Right click the video card and click uninstall. Now reboot your computer, it should load the default VGA drivers. Restart again. Put in your bootcamp cd, reinstall video drivers.
    Good Luck.