Windows 7 Boot Camp

Discussion in 'iMac' started by littlelarry33, Dec 20, 2009.

1. littlelarry33 macrumors member

Where is the boot camp update that was promised by Apple before the end of the year? I know its not even Christmas but they are sure cutting it close, I can't wait to finally install Windows 7 on my new iMac.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They always "cut it close." Wait until January 1 to start complaining.

3. astroot macrumors regular

Or you could just install Windows7 now? It works flawlessly for me on a 27" iMac. There are plenty of guides available for the only workaround you'll have to do, which is the black-screen issue if you only have a single display.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

What screen issue? My friend's 27 iMac works just fine with Windows 7.

To OP: Just install it. I have two Macs with Windows 7 installed on them. Zero problems. The only "real" problem is that the speakers don't sound as loud as on OS X, but a newer driver from Realtek or whatever fixes that. Just use the Vista drivers, they work the same. Microsoft only cleaned up Vista's visual problems, it's still Vista at the core.

5. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Yes, it works fine once installed but towards the end of the installation process it will get stuck at a black screen because the video out is mistakenly identified as the main video device.

As mentioned there is a fix involving rebooting to safe mode and deleting the atikmdag.sys file from the command prompt. Upon reboot the installer will then continue to completion.

6. red42 macrumors regular

my startup got delayed so i deleted bootcamp.

7. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.