Windows 7 boot delay

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MrM, Oct 26, 2009.

1. MrM macrumors 6502

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on my BlackBook. I have installed all needed drivers, updates, etc. When I boot into 7, I get a black screen with a blinking open command line. About 10-15 seconds later it continues to boot as normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit- Forgot to mention I am using Bootcamp.

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

3. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

My buddy got a copy of Windows 7 off of various torrents sites, meaning of course he used a crack to validate it. He had this same blinking cursor issue though. Same thing happened to him in Vista as well (which was also cracked). Pretty sure it has something to do with making the BIOS think it's a valid license.

4. Terminal.app macrumors 6502

Terminal.app

I'm almost positive this is correct. My retail copy boots normally, but a friend of mine Pirate Bay'd his copy and it does the exact same "black blinking cursor" thing while booting on his Dell laptop.

5. nutman macrumors regular

i get this with a legit copy of windows 7 downloaded through my school's msdnaa subscription.

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I also get this with my legitimately purchased Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition.

Interestingly, I only get this when booting using boot camp, if I use VMware Fusion to boot my boot camp partition, this doesn't happen.