Windows 7 Boot Up Problem. Help would be greatly appreciated

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jonyau, May 6, 2011.

1. jonyau macrumors newbie

So im new here to the forums, i just bought my first mac/macbook pro yesterday. So i got the 2011 13" macbook pro i5 and im loving it so far. theres only one problem that im having, which is getting my windows 7 to boot up.

So the guide that i followed to install my windows 7 on my macbook pro was from iClarified http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2672 .

I was able to get my windows installed and after getting all the drivers installed by bootcamp. I was prompted to restart my laptop. When the laptop restarted, it would not boot up my windows. Instead it would boot up a white screen, followed by a black screen with a white flashing cursor on the top left. And this cycle would continue from the white screen to the black screen with the flashing white cursor. The only way to stop continuous cycle was by holding down the "option" key and selecting the mac osx partition to boot back to osx.

Is there something im missing here to boot up my windows 7? im positive that i followed the guide at iClarified correctly. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has a solution to this issue. Thank you.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. jonyau thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply.

and yes ive tried resetting the PRAM but it still does not work. it just booted only the mac osx.

could it be because its the x86 version of windows 7 and not the 64 bit?