Windows 7 bootcamp - How do I enable 2 finger tap for right click? Tap to left click?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acribb, May 2, 2010.

1. acribb macrumors regular

How do I enable a single tap to left click and a 2 finger tap for right click in Windows 7 bootcamp? I have already installed all the bootcamp drivers and I can use 2 finger scroll on the trackpad. I would just rather tap rather than have to click the button.

I can't find any trackpad configuration in Windows 7.

Thanks for any insight.

This is on a new 15" i7.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Why are you running bootcamp?

If it's any other reason than games, then you just need to install VirtualBox (free!) and run Windows 7 inside of OS X. You'll get all of the hardware/driver support that you want, and you don't have to reboot.

3. acribb thread starter macrumors regular

I'm running Parallels with bootcamp. I boot to Windows 7 with bootcamp when I want to play games.

4. jmdMac macrumors regular

How is that set up working for you? I have the same one in mind, as soon as my windows 7 and parallels arrive in the mail...

5. sheiklynx macrumors newbie

Install trackpad drivers

If using bootcamp 5, download the drivers for bootcamp using an USB with FAT32 formating.

Open the USB in windows. Navigate to USB > BootCamp > Drivers > Apple, dobleclick on AppleMultiTouchTrackPadInstaller64.exe . This will install the drivers for the trackpad and enble the tab Trackpad in Control Panel > BootCamp . In this tab you can enable secondary click with two fingers.