Windows 7 BootCamp Install Gone Way Wrong!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jchowder, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jchowder macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2011
    Hi there, I'm in need of some serious n00b help. For years I've been a major PC Power User, and now I bought my first iMac. I was trying to install my Windows 7 through bootcamp, downloaded the correct files, let bootcamp do it's thing. I allocated my HD, allotting 50GB for Windows 7. Then it prompted me to insert the disc and restart to install Windows 7 to the newly allocated drive (50GB).

Then after rebooting, the familiar Windows install screen popped up. It asked me where I wanted to install the Windows OS. I saw the allocated HD of 49.5GB that said BOOTCAMP. However, it wouldn't let me hit NEXT on it to install. So, I figured, I could simply format THAT allocated HD space, then install. Which I did, and it worked. Then it booted up in Windows. Now that I'm in Windows, none of the drivers work. And every time I boot up, it defaults to the Windows side. I know that my OSX allocation is somewhere in there, but I can't figure out how to access it????? Plllease help. Lots of photos and media in there that are irreplaceable.

Thanks in advance! ;)
  2. jchowder thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2011
    Woohoo! Figured it out I think. Hold option to select your booting partition? Now another question. How the heck do I get all of my drivers installed on the Windows 7 side???
  3. johnhw macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2009
    Insert the disk (Mac OS) that came with your Mac. It should install the bootcamp drivers..
  4. ppc_michael Guest

Apr 26, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Your OS X disc contains the drivers you need for Windows, so just pop that in and I think it will autorun.

As for the boot partition, you can choose the default boot partition in the "Startup Disk" control panel (Windows) or System Preferences (Mac).