Windows 7 can't connect to internet

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cRz, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cRz macrumors newbie

I did bootcamp and everything, got windows 7, but i can't connect to the internet. I use a late 2011 13 inch macbook pro so yeah.. what do i do

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Is it just an internet connection you cannot get or is it all kinds of network connections?

Also, you don't have any security software installed that may be causing problems?

3. cRz thread starter macrumors newbie

I just simply can't connect to the internet whatsoever.. I can't even get the network connections..

No I don't.

4. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

you can connect without security software.

most likely a driver issue.

5. cRz thread starter macrumors newbie

I read things about drivers.. but IDK, it's mostly like about Snow Leopard or something.. like some DVD that comes with the MacBook.. but mine didn't come with it, it came pre-installed (That's why I said mine was a 2011 Late Macbook Pro.)

What do I do?

6. Sincci macrumors regular

You'll need to use the bootcamp assistant in OSX to download the drivers, then copy them on some usb stick and run the installer in Windows.

7. KatherineYH macrumors newbie

Windows 7 can't connect to internet

Make sure that all cables are connected
    Restart your modem, and then restart your router. Remove the power cable from the modem and router. After all lights on the device have gone out, wait at least 10 seconds, and then plug the modem and router back in. Some modems have a battery backup that prevents the lights from going out. For this type of modem, press and quickly release the Reset button. If you don’t see a Reset button, remove the battery instead.

Check your router. Because of the new networking features in Windows Vista and Windows 7, some older network routers are not fully compatible with these versions of Windows and can cause problems. You can test your router to see whether it is fully compatible with Windows 7 by running the Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool. Or, for a list of routers that are compatible with Windows Vista, go to the Windows Compatibility Center website.