Windows 7 can't locate Bootcamp Partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Rotrax01, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Rotrax01 macrumors newbie

Hi, anyone out there help me on this one? I've got an iMAC, OS X 10.8.5. I've partitioned my HD (30 GBytes - actually I've tried as much as 100 GBytes but makes no difference) using Bootcamp and can successfully boot from my Windows 7 disk (in a USB drive).

When I start to install Windows, following the Bootcamp instructions, I get to the step where I have to reformat the Bootcamp partition using NTFS, which appears to happen OK. Then when I try to continue and start the process of installing Windows I get the following error message :

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the log files for more information." (I don't know where to find the log files!)

Any ideas?

2. tigo132 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue! Been trying the whole day to get it working but no luck so far. I just got my new imac 21.5 inch yesterday and i´m pretty new to the whole mac os. :confused:

3. Rotrax01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Frustrating, let me know if you have any luck and I'll do the same