Windows 7 Compatability Issue On MacBook Pro5,3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacsOnAnabolics, Oct 23, 2009.

1. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Hey Everyone,

So I am reluctant to say that I've installed Windows 7 on my late 2009 15" MBP 2.8GHz, afterall this is MacRumors. Furthuremore, the only reason I absolutely need Windows on my machine is for the games that are offered for this OS.
    To the point, after installing through Boot Camp Assistant, I also installed the mac drivers from the Snow Leopard DVD.

Problems:
    1) All of my peripherals are working, however, my main concern is that the backlit keyboard does not completely turn off. When turned completely down the keyboard is still lightly illuminated.
    2) The volume when turned completely up is roughly 50% that of the volume running under Mac OS.

These two problems are noticeably annoying to me and I would just appreciate if there are any quick fixes to these descrepancies. Thank You!

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

It's a mid 2009. Not late 2009.

There is no fix for the backlight. Can turn it down, but not off. Volume is a known issue as well. No fix yet.

3. malcolm233391 macrumors member

Update your realtek audio driver for windows 7., and i think that will fix the issue.

4. monoxera macrumors member

also post in correct subforums. Windows on the Mac

5. MacsOnAnabolics thread starter macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Do you mean update my windows audio drivers to the realtek driver? I think windows 7 works on a cirrus-something or other driver...

6. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

No, get some Realtek drivers, that's what you need. It worked for me.

7. malcolm233391 macrumors member

You have a macbook pro that uses realtek audio drivers. The audio drivers from the bootcamp disk are out of date for windows 7. You need to download the newest realtek audio drivers specifically made for windows 7.

8. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

9. Cybbe macrumors 6502

Not all Macbook Pros use the Realtek drivers. You cannot fix the Cirrus issues with the updated Realtek files. While there are some hacks available (search this board and apple.com support forums), none fix this completely. I'm waiting for Apple to address this issue (which they will in due time, way too late of course).