Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngard11476

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2009
I have just tried to install windows 7 released version 32 bit in a Boot Camp partition that was running XP just fine. I cannot complete the install process as I get a momentary BSOD and then the sytem goes into a never ending restart cycle. Will not boot in safe mode. Repair utility does not run. I have tried a fresh install 3 times. Anybody with ideas? This is on MacPro Dual processor about 3 years old. Plenty of RAM and HD space. MSFT support in India tries for 2 hours to help and then punts.

kwang0429

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
all you need to do is go into the safe mode ( press F8 before the loading screen appears ) , click on the windows button, and on the search programs and files field type in "msconfig" to go into the System Configuration and under Startup, you want to uncheck both Boot Camp, after that's done, click on OK to apply than boot regularly, after my research, I found out that bootcamp crashes windows 7 after login 80% of the time. after you do this, you just won't have the MAC function key working from F1 to F9, but everything else shuold be working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.