Windows 7 Dirver prompt

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bward, Sep 23, 2009.

1. bward macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with installing Windows 7. I can boot off of the DVD with out a problem. I get to the screen for language selection and such. I click next and get the screen that says click to install. I click install now and shortly after I get a box that says a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. This happens with both 32 and 64 bit versions.

I have tried extracting the contents of the Boot Camp folder on my Snow Leopard DVD to a USB drive. Windows setup will see all the drivers, but there doesn't seem to be one for the CD/DVD drive.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I am running a MacBook 4,1.

2. bward thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed

I burned my Windows 7 ISO again, but this time on 4x and now it will install without an issue.

3. cirobaja macrumors newbie

same thing here...

hey, did you just burned the iso again? i've tried in 1x, 4x, in +r and -rw disks, with roxio, imgburn and disk utility and the problem persists....

thanks....

4. Nobita macrumors 6502

Hi all, I am having the same problem and I am now trying to burn the image with lower speed. Meanwhile, is you .iso file 1.2gb big? Mine is, even though I thought it's supposed to be about 2gb, right?

cirobaja, did you get it to work?

5. valvehead macrumors regular

Your ISO is incomplete if it's that small. Try downloading it again.

6. Nobita macrumors 6502

Okay, so even if I can actually boot into the installation setup, it doesn't mean that my iso is complete, is it? Because I have an impression that the disc might be fine since a quick google search reveals that a lot of people actually have the same error as me.

Btw apple software update does not reveal the need for me to update boot camp, my boot camp is 3.0.1, is this fine?

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Software Update does NOT list Boot Camp updates, at least on the Mac side. There is a newer version of Boot Camp available - 3.1.