Windows 7 disk won't boot in bootcamp???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AbyssImpact, Mar 9, 2011.

1. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

I can't get my Windows 7 installation disk to boot with bootcamp. I am using a 15 inch 2011 macbook pro. It says no disk is bootable and insert a disk when the disk is already in the superdrive! What is wrong??? It is an .iso I burned on notebookreview.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Is it an oem disc or a true retail copy?

3. mashsensor macrumors member

When you burn the win7 disk iso, use the disk burning app, dont right click on the iso and select burn. The right click method is not bootable.

4. AbyssImpact thread starter macrumors 6502a

I used Burn to burn the iso image...

5. killerbee79 macrumors member

I am having this same issue. I have a Win 7 Professional iso on a CD that I made.

This iso (CD) was bootable just fine 2 yrs ago when I installed it on my old MacBook.

Now I get the same error as you. I have no clue what is going on. My new MacBook Pro can't boot any bootable iso I made that my old MacBook could.

Apple darn broke something in the past 2 yrs......:mad:

If you find a solution please post it. I'm still trying everything I know to get my MBP to boot any iso....

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

You need to use something like Toast titanium to use your .iso file to make an actual CD. No mac will boot from a .iso file.

7. killerbee79 macrumors member

Yeah I know what I did wrong now. I got it working.

8. Frederiksberg macrumors member

PLEASE, can you share?

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

He burned his .iso file correctly.

10. killerbee79 macrumors member

I found it to be really simple actually. First get and install a copy of Microsoft's USB/DVD download tool. It is free and be found with a simple Google search.

After you install it, start it up and follow the onscreen instructions. (You select your ISO file basically and select burn to disc as a bootable disc) You now have a bootable Win 7 DVD for installation purposes.

It is very easy and had me kicking myself afterwards for having such a hard time before finding this.