Windows 7 Disk?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ipodlover77, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Hey guys quick question. After you install windows 7 it says to insert your osx disks to install important drivers and such. My question is, do I take the CDs that came with my laptop originally or my snow leopard upgrade disk I bought?

2. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

Either disc should have the drivers. I'd use the 10.6 disc since it will probably have more updated software.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Either will do. Chances are you will have to update to the 3.1 Bootcamp drivers if you don't have the most recent release of Snow Leopard RETAIL/OEM discs.

4. celticpride678

I'd use the Snow Leopard disk since they have the updated Boot Camp drivers.

5. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. So I can just bring my one snow leopard cd instead of bringing both my set up and application (not sure if I need it. Just wanted to be safe lol) right? And it'll be perfectly fine?

6. applejack22 macrumors newbie

Just installed with VMWARE pretty fast on my MB. I only use Windows though for those apps that have yet to make the move.