Windows 7 Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fparedesg, Dec 20, 2010.

1. fparedesg macrumors newbie

Hey MacRumors! I just bought an old MacBook (the 2007 model, I believe), and I'm looking for the Windows 7 Drivers.

Here are some details on the laptop:

• I installed OS X Snow Leopard, Windows 7, and Ubuntu on the laptop.
    • I did not use Boot Camp. I manually installed the OSs and 'm using the rEFIt bootloader.
    • I do not have an OS X installation DVD. I installed Snow Leopard by using a disk image I obtained and made bootable by using Disk Utils and an external hard drive.
    Thanks to anyone that helps!

2. simsaladimbamba

If you have "obtained" the Snow Leopard installation DVD, then you can also "obtain" the Windows 7 drivers.
    Be sure to get the Boot Camp 3.1 drivers afterwards.

There is also the possibility to obtain Snow Leopard for real and use 29 USD to buy the Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD, it will work with any Intel Mac with a DVD drive.

3. fparedesg thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that Windows cannot read the hard drive... Maybe I could connect it in OS X and "Read Package Contents" to extract the drivers. Do you know where they're located in the Installation package?

4. lovekeiiy macrumors newbie

you'll need to partition a portion of the HDD to NTSF. Windows cannot see the apple format.

I think you may be able to do the partition in Ubuntu without having to reformat the whole HDD.

Also, check your OSX disc image. If you see bootcamp, look for a driver's directory. That should have all the drivers for Windows 7. At least drivers that will work. Some can be downloaded direct from the manufacture such as the Nvida 9400M video card.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Please "obtain" Snow Leopard by exchanging US$29 at your local retailer. It's well worth it.

(There are two sessions on a Snow Leopard disc, one HFS+ for OSX and one ISO for the BC drivers and remote ODD support for MBA).

B

6. skazm macrumors newbie

did I not install boot camp right?

I'm not much of a maven in these things, so pls forgive me if things seem obvious - My Windows 7 in Bootcamp has the wrong drivers for my Macbook Pro (late 2007) and I do NOT want to have to re-install the whole damn thing - is there anything I can do other than that to fix the fact that my speakers and mic don't work?

Thanks.