Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xiaopower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Hi. I boot camped my Macbook Unibody 13" (bought early 2009) with windows 7. However the bootcamp version was 2.0. I now cannot get drivers from the 3.0 bootcamp update. help pls~

awilson155

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
if you are using snow leopard, i am pretty sure have bootcamp 3.0 (using 10.5, so not positive) and the drivers are on the snow leopard disk. There was an update to bootcamp 3.1 not too long ago which you can download from apple. You can also explore your OS X DVD, find each driver and install them manually.

not sure how tech savvy you are, but even if you don't have a snow leopard disk, you can find bootcamp 3.0 out there floating around on the net.

installing them takes a little tinkering (executable file won't launch, etc.) but I have win7 x64 running flawlessly on bootcamp 3.1 on my mid 2007 mbp

xiaopower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
hi awilson. thanks very much for replying.

i forgot to add that im NOT on snow leopard. my os is 10.5.8.

i also tried installing the drivers throught the dvd but the cd gets rejected before it gets read. no problem when i insert it on my mac os. only rejected on windows os.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.