windows 7 gadgets dont work?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tecknical, Jan 11, 2009.

1. tecknical macrumors regular

has anyone else here had any problems with the gadgets? i tried download some gadgets, but it wont let me open them. it says unspecified error. also, when i try to go to desktop gadgets option in the control panel, it wont open. its a very weird issue

2. warlun macrumors member

I can't seem to get the gadgets to work either.
    I right click on the keyboard and select gadgets and nothing shows up, I go into control panel to select desktop gadgets and there is no response.
    Is there something I am doing wrong to activate gadgets?

3. warlun macrumors member

Found the solution to this - the UAC - User Account Control security settings must at the least be set to level 2 for the Gadgets to work. Hope that helps.

4. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

My gadgets work properly from a fresh install. I don't know what setting 2 is on the UAC but mine is set at the default, whatever that number is. This is on a Macbook 2.0 Aluminum with bootcamp 2.1.

5. jinhocha1 macrumors newbie

No Location sensor

I am using MBA and installed windows 7, but location sensor is not working. I tried to activate the weather sensor, but it could not find my location. I tried to set my UAC - no use.