Windows 7 have anything like "Expose: All Windows" button and ZOOM feature??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TantalizedMind, Nov 1, 2009.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I'm trying to see if Win7 has a feature that all the current open websites show up like thumbnails like in Expose. The Win7 features "Shake, Peek, Snap" don't sound exactly what I am looking for.

And any chance they have a general ZOOM feature like in Leopard when you hold CTRL and the mouse wheel also?

Thanks so much guys!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if you click the application icon in the dock, all the windows in that application will be shown

quite a nice implementation. if you hover over the window you will see it on the desktop as well

3. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

4. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Windows 7 in some versions does have Flip or Flip 3D - whatever it's called. Win+Tab activates it, I use it when I'm in Windows sometimes, but it's no where near as good as Expose imo.

7. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

There's a free expose "clone" for Windows that I use called Switcher. It defaults to Tab + Tilde key and does the job quite well. Expose is still more polished, but Switcher isn't too shabby.

http://insentient.net/

8. erikku3000 macrumors newbie

Switcher

In terms of expose you can download Switcher. It's free and works almost the same as Expose. Imo Expose is a lot better, but hey Switcher beats the pants off of Flip 3D and is at least similar to Expose.

As for the zoom feature, the only thing that I found (as was mentioned above) was the the magnifier.

9. globalist macrumors 6502a

Guys, I was able to get stacked 3d-animated windows on my Win7 and it looked quite nice. I was able to navigate between them with the mouse scroll wheel but this was all done by clicking the middle mouse button in Air Mouse app.

But I have no idea how to activate this feature normally... or does it only come from the Air Mouse server running?

Any ideas?