Windows 7 Install Problem in Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gregorywest, Mar 24, 2010.

1. gregorywest macrumors newbie

I have Windows XP and Vista loaded on my Macbook using Parallels.
    Both run fine without any issues.
    I loaded Windows 7 and it too runs fine except it won't pickup and recognize the Mac's network adapters. I cannot connect wirelessly to the Internet with Windows 7.
    Both Win XP and Vista connect wireless - no problem.

In the Windows 7 install I get a code 10 error. I have tried getting the network adapter drivers from the Mac by install DVDs and "Computer" (right clicking on network adapter and installing Broadcom adapter.

Anyone else experiencing this problem. I have checked out Parallels and they have nothing on it yet. I have submitted a ticket of complaint to Parallels today to see what they say...

If you have experienced this and have a solution please post here.

thanks in advance,
    greg
    prospector16@gmail.com

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

3. gregorywest thread starter macrumors newbie

Version 5 of Parallels with current updates.

4. Dontdothat317 macrumors member

Have you tried installing the drivers straight off from the CD? In other words, don't wait for Windows to ASK you for a driver, just locate the executable on the disk and run it.

5. gregorywest thread starter macrumors newbie

Answer Found in Parallels Problem with Windows 7

I contacted Parallels online and sent in a "ticket"...here is the reply:
    Thank you for contacting Parallels Technical Support.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve the issue :

1. Launch Parallels Desktop and start Windows.

2. On Windows side, go to Start menu/Control panel/Programs and Features and uninstall Parallels Tools, after uninstalling, restart Windows.

3. After Windows is restarted, ignore all found new hardware wizards and install Parallels Tools from virtual machine tab on top menu bar.

4. After Windows is restarted, shut it down, quit Parallels Desktop and restart Mac.

5. Launch Parallels Desktop but do not start Windows.

6. Go to virtual machine tab, select Configure, select Hardware tab, remove Network Adapter by clicking "-" sign at left bottom and add it back by "+" with Shared Networking and click OK.

7. Start Windows and you should be able to access internet now and also Shared Folders from Windows desktop.

IT NOW WORKS EXCELLENT many thanks to the Parallels techs.