Windows 7 installation error

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by thewheel2.0, Jun 16, 2009.

1. thewheel2.0 macrumors newbie

Windows 7 install was at 29% for ages on extracting files so i moved the laptop beside me so i could keep an eye on it. As soon as i set it down i got an error message saying files were corrupt? (I was fairly gentle)

Any ideas? (havent tried again yet as my macbook is only a day old and i want to mess around with it)

2. thewheel2.0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok it has nothing to do with the way i set it down I tried it again and it got stuck on 29% again

I get the error message:
    Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or
    missing.
    Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart
    the
    installation. Error code 0x80070017

So im downloading win 7 again. What burning software should i use for the disc? Any other advice?

3. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

Bump - I am having this exact same problem except I am stuck at 0%..

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Where are you downloading the ISO from?

Try burning it ar a lower speed, buy a different brand of DVD's or get DVD+R instead of DVD-R (or visa versa).

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

From my experiences, you cannot simply download the ISO, burn it to the disk, then run it. When I did, I constantly got a black screen with a blinking cursor.

What you have to do is find a guide online that allows you to create the bootable image and not just the stock one.