Windows 7 Installation Hang

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zzzCookie, Jun 13, 2010.

1. zzzCookie macrumors newbie

zzzCookie

I have a Mid-2010 MacBook Pro 13". I tried using Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). All seems well, the installation seems normal.

After the first restart in the installation, comes the part of Completing Installation, my MacBook Pro just freezes at this part. Can anyone shed some advice?

2. gonnella macrumors newbie

hello mate you found any solutions for this yet?:eek:

3. gonnella macrumors newbie

If you just leave it, it will eventually unhang.

4. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

It happened to me too, left it alone and the install eventually completed without any problems

5. axeluzv8 macrumors newbie

freeze when completing installation

same as above, my mac just freeze when in the part "completing installation" win 7,,, but i've waited it for so long and the freeze just doesn't gone,, how's the solution ?? thx,,,,:)

6. xpolicy macrumors newbie

This sounds completely dumb but I ended up connecting a external USB keyboard and mouse. When it got to the install part after the first reboot I made sure the mouse was constantly moving and the I was pressing a key on the keyboard at the same time. For what ever reason if I kept the input going on both it finished with the install.

Think it has something to do with USB drivers??