Windows 7 installation screw up...Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by katdav, Jun 22, 2013.

1. katdav, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

katdav macrumors newbie

Very stupidly I under duress I tried to install a windows 7 disk into my new imac, via boot camp, just because most of our software is serif! It came to a part that said remove disk and restart then reinsert disk....I have the external apple disc drive but disk would not eject and neither could I restart....so I shut down then restarted....now my screen says no dic found insert boot disk? HELP PLEASE, I'm crying here.....bluddy windows I hate it!!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Upon restarting press down the OPTION/Alt key to get to the boot selection screen and choose your Macintosh HD to boot from. After that is done, use Boot Camp Assistant to remove the Windows partition and start anew.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. Designed4Mac macrumors 6502

Designed4Mac

Try holding down alt key at start up. should bring up all bootable disks. Choose mac drive and you should be ok :)

4. katdav thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you will try it...hope the thread name is better lol xxx my keyboard, that came with the mac is a wireless one, does that matter? Xxx praying this will work, thank The Lord for this ipad!! To access you folks xxx

5. katdav thread starter macrumors newbie

Phew...thanks so much, I'm back to normal, now will learn everything properly before I attempt this again, but before I try can you tell me how do I remove the partly installed windows 7 and please confirm that it is safe to install the windows 7 64 bit?? Xx thanks in advance before I attempt this again! :eek: