Windows 7 Installed on Wrong Partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hatfield110, Sep 16, 2012.

1. hatfield110 macrumors newbie

Hi

I tried to install windows 7 on MacBook Pro. However, I have made these mistakes:

1. unchecked "create a windows 7 installed disk" and "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple"; only the "install windows 7" was checked.

and the most grievous mistake

2. installed windows 7 NOT in bootcamp; i have deleted a partition and installed windows on it

And now, my Mac OS X won't load. I tried to use disk utilities, but only "BOOTCAMP" and disk0s2 are showing on the disk utility. How can i make it load again?

Thanks

BTW, can you please send me screenshots, since the macbook i'm using is japanese and I can't even understand a japanese word!

2. FTRDRMZ macrumors newbie

FTRDRMZ

When you say your macbook is in Japanese, do you mean Windows? How on earth did it end up in Japanese if you don't understand that language?

That being said, it would be good to take a look at your partition setup.

I'm going to assume you are in Windows 7.

1. Click on the Start orb.

2. Place the cursor over top of the different text options on the right side of the menu. each one should change the icon on top of the menu into something different. You are looking for the one that turns the icon into a computer with a white tower and monitor, and the monitor has a blue screen. That is the "Computer" option.

3. right-click on the imperviously mentioned text. in the dropdown box, there should be an option that has a blue and yellow shield next to it. click that. You may be prompted to continue. Click the left box if that happens.

4. there should be a list at the left of this window with about ten options, with all but three indented. Click on the one that's the second from the bottom of the list, or in between two non-indented options.

5. enter Shift+Fn+F11 in order to copy the screen to the clipboard. past this into paint, and upload the results.

3. hatfield110 thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention that i don't own the macbook pro; its owner is Japanese, just asked me to install windows on his macbook pro.

What I intend to do is to reload os x, and reinstall windows correctly. However, I was only redirected to disk utility, and the disk utility is on japanese characters.

I tried to restart windows just right now and it doesn't load. On disk utility, i only have disk0s2. Would it be advisable if i repartition, and reinstall os x mountain lion on this macbook pro?

4. FTRDRMZ macrumors newbie

FTRDRMZ

pretty much, and when you do the steps again make sure you install windows t the correct partition.

Make them different sizes so you can keep track of which is which.