Windows 7 Interrupted Install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Thorzilla, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Thorzilla macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I need help.
    Recently, I was installing Windows 7 on my Bootcamp partition, and the installation was going fine, but I ran out of energy so the installation was interrupted. I boot my Mac OS, opened Bootcamp and erased the partition just to create it again and install Windows once again. However, when I loaded the installation from my DVD, I got an error message saying that a CD/DVD driver was missing, and it found no hard drives even after rescaning my computer. When I chose browse, I was suprised when I saw not 2, but 3 partitions, one with my MAC OS, the new Bootcamp partition, and a drive called X: that was created when the past install got interrupted.

I've tried erasing the partition in bootcamp over and over, but I can't erase it, even though Mac OS tells me my drive now consists of a single volume.
    Please help? Do I need to format my whole drive? Do I need to install OSX? Will I lose all my applications and data?

In case you need it, here's some info:

OS X Version 10.6.2
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Macbook Pro 4GB Ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Thank you very much!

2. Thorzilla thread starter macrumors newbie

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Sounds like you might have a mismatch between the actual GPT partition table and the fake MBR it creates for Windows.

Boot from your OS X install disc and run Disk Utility. Try and repair your drive from there and then, try again.

B

4. Thorzilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Please help, I tried formating it but it's still there. I don't know if I did it right. How do I do a FULL format, wiping out everything, restoring my drive to a whole single 320GB partition?