Windows 7 is connected to network but has no internet access? Help?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MythicFrost, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MythicFrost, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi,

I woke up this morning and booted into Lion and was connected to my network and all was working well. My iPhone 4S is connected, and I'd bet everything else is too.

However, on Windows 7, I have no connectivity. It was working last night, but eight hours later, nothing. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I've tried rebooting both the AEBS and the gateway, it still hasn't worked.

Would appreciate any help.

EDIT: It's working now, no idea why. I used my 4S as a hotspot, and now I've flicked back over to try and fix it and voila.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In the future you could try to use W7's "Troubleshoot this problem" ; I've actually found that it works, unlike in previous versions of Windows. Most of the time it's just refreshing/renewing the DHCP lease.

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Thanks for your reply, I did try that but it failed to give me any other solution than ~"There's an error between your router and internet, w/e, etc."

4. lampliter macrumors member

Frost I have the same problem. Hope someone can help.

5. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I ended up solving it, if you could call it that. I enabled personal hotspot over WiFi on my iPhone 4S and connected to it on Windows and then disconnected from that WiFi and tried to connect to my main network again after maybe five minutes and voila, it worked. Give that a shot, I don't really know how or why it worked but it did.