Windows 7 issues with Magic Mouse ++

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PaulKemp, Apr 13, 2012.

1. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

Hi, I just recently removed Windows 8 due to some bugs, so I'd rather install Widnows 7 for gaming. Windows 7 x64 bit.

I ran bootcamp assistant, and saved all the drivers down and installed windows 7. Im having some issues that renders the win 7 partition useless.
    • Magic Mouse is not connecting, and its not found in the 'add device' wizard.
    • The 'dimming keys' is not working, the Apple icon shows but the screen isnt really dimming.

I've tried uninstalling all drivers and installing again. I also ran Apple Software Update from within Windows. Im using Bootcamp assistant 4.0.1 on a 2011 iMac.

2. PaulKemp thread starter macrumors 6502

Update, Magic Mouse working (- scrolling)

Courtesy of rosshawkins.net

3. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

Odd. Mine worked right off. Scrolling and all

4. PaulKemp thread starter macrumors 6502

What about your screen dimming? Does that work in Windows 7?

Scrolling came to life with a 3. party driver i had to install.

My screen is so bright I feel like crying! :)

5. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

The brightness controls on Windows are a bit hit and miss with the Boot Camp drivers. I always find the screen to bright, even at the lowest setting, but most of the time the control don't work at all.

Sometimes, doing a reboot fixes the problem for me. But now I'm running Windows 8 CP and they're completely broken, not surprising at it's not support yet :)