Windows 7-like-drag-apps-to-side-of-screen-to-re-adjust?

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
The one feature of Windows 7 I'm envious is the ability to drag an app window to the side of a window, and it resizes.

Is there an app for this on OS X?

The one thing I'd like changed, though, is that it not always automatically readjusts it to half. Say I want an Adium window on the left of my screen, if I could drag it there and it would readjust to make it fit on the screen, that'd be stellar.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I'm almost certain that there is nothing to replicate this in OS X; I've tried looking myself. The only thing that comes even close is a program called Zooom.

Comment

camgrant84

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2009
Sydney
The one feature of Windows 7 I'm envious is the ability to drag an app window to the side of a window, and it resizes.

Is there an app for this on OS X?

The one thing I'd like changed, though, is that it not always automatically readjusts it to half. Say I want an Adium window on the left of my screen, if I could drag it there and it would readjust to make it fit on the screen, that'd be stellar.
http://www.irradiatedsoftware.com/sizeup/

This seems to

Comment

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
I have SizeUp and it works really nicely. Not quite as nice as 7's AeroSnap feature because you have to press keys rather than drag the window but still useful.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.