Windows 7, Lion, and gParted

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by watchpigsfly, Feb 1, 2012.

1. watchpigsfly macrumors newbie

watchpigsfly

Hello,
    Lately I have been in the process of moving my Steam games from Mac to Windows. However, I am rapidly running out of room for Windows 7 and I have a good 120 GB left on my Mac partition. Seeing as I do not have the money for CampTune, I saw that the guide recommended gParted. However, I am completely clueless in the ways of gParted, apart from the fact that I have to burn the ISO and boot from that. Has anybody had positive experiences expanding their Windows 7 partition using gParted, and would they care to post how?
    Thanks!

(P.S. This comes after many hours of Googling, and much of the MacRumors forum posts similar to this one are either too old (pre-Lion/Win7) or use a different tool.)

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

how large is that HDD of yours? you may get a more pleasing result just upgrading your HDD

3. watchpigsfly thread starter macrumors newbie

watchpigsfly

320 GB, which, so far, has been plenty.

I should note that I plan to expand my Windows partition, copy the files (Steam downloads Windows binaries, even on Mac) and then delete about 20 GB of files that I moved.

A HDD upgrade isn't an option for two reasons: cost, and no other drive to clone the partitions.